Monday, April 28, 2008

Kaleidoscope 2008

Since our Girl Scout Council has combined with the council to the south of us, we were invited to join their HUGE camporee, which they only have the energy to throw every other year. So we packed 8 girls, 2 moms, and a brave dad, into two LARGE vehicles, and drove south for almost 5 hours. Santa Barbara's Live Oak Campground was full of tents, crafts, camping skills competitions, and porta-potties for the entire weekend.


In case you're not able to picture what 2000 girls between the ages of 10 and 17 looks like up close, I took three shots and merged them as well as I could for you. I wasn't going to camp with the new DSLR, so you have to settle for the old snappy camera. Click on the picture to blow it up.




The oddest thing... after 2 days of eating camp food, sleeping on the ground, and trying desperately to keep all 11 of us hydrated... is that we all agreed we'd do it again.

No comments: