Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Mitzvah Kittens

Ethan's bar mitzvah torah portion is something about caring for animals, so he and Rachel decided that they would raise Project Purr kittens for their mitzvah service projects. It's not hard to put in 13 hours with kittens, especially when they need to be fed 4 times a day. So they spent a whole Wednesday night temple school class picking names for the babies we got that afternoon. We're calling them the Mitzvot.

The little black female is Nushica (kisses).
The orange tabby male is Hishamru (beware). Yes, he earned it. Feisty boy.
The tiny brown tabby boy is Shalem Tov (wholeheartedly good). Love his white mittens on all four paws.

So that's why I've been neglecting this blog! Hope I made up for it today. I wish I could say it will never happen again... but we all know better. The Brook Knoll yearbook is almost done, baseball and soccer are over for a few months, and school is almost over. So I'll have more time to blog, right?

No comments: